Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ah hah!

So it turns out that trying to graduate by next May has kept me so busy that I have been very neglectful of artistic times. This means I have very few drawings/paintings to show for the past few months. I have taken a few hours here and there to create a few things, most of which are currently still in my "Need to be finished" pile.

Last night I had an "Ah hah! moment when I realized that throwing around paints and graphite is probably a much more therapeutic way to unwind than obsessively refreshing Facebook or getting lost in the archives of Tumblr (yes, I am guilty of both). I am going to try to remember this and hopefully have pictures to post here more often.

In the meantime, here are a few of the limited creations I've made this semester (Please forgive the incompleteness of most of them).

Stegosaurus in Space! This little guy hitched a ride on a rocket. Graphite.

Barn owl from the 2012 NC State Fair. Graphite.

A little root flower that popped into my head one night while drawing before bed. Pencil and Photoshop.

First portrait I've done in years. It was a fun experiment.

2 comments:

  1. Katy - I ordered two of your drawings back in Sept and still haven't received them. Just filed something with Paypal. Can you help me out here? I'd like my drawings - or my money back. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am sorry to hear there has been a mix up! Please contact me at KatyAnnC [at] gmail [dot] com so we can work this out!

    ReplyDelete